FAQ Connexion
Rechercher Profil
Membres Groupes
Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés
S’enregistrer
England U21 boss Aidy Boothroyd praises Demarai Gray's leade
1justice Index du Forum  » Public  » Pactes  » England U21 boss Aidy Boothroyd praises Demarai Gray's leade
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
chanoudom

Message Posté le: Dim 25 Mar 2018 - 07:33    Sujet du message: England U21 boss Aidy Boothroyd praises Demarai Gray's leade
Répondre en citant

sbobet asia England U21 boss Aidy Boothroyd praised Demarai Gray's growing maturity after he was handed the captaincy in the victory over Romania.

The Leicester winger opened the scoring as the Young Lions won their friendly 2-1 at Molineux on Saturday.

Chelsea defender Jake Clarke-Salter also netted while Valentin Costache bagged a consolation for the visitors, as the teams paid tribute to Cyrille Regis.

The former England, Wolves and West Brom striker died in January with the friendly at Molineux named the 'Cyrille Regis International' in his honour.

And Boothroyd believes Birmingham-born Gray, skipper for the first time, was the perfect choice to have the armband.

He said: "Dom Solanke was supposed to be the captain but he took a knock yesterday, I wanted to make sure he was 100 per cent for Ukraine.

"In a tribute to Cyrille Regis I thought it would only be right for a local boy to take the armband. And it was a captain's performance until I took him off to save him for Ukraine on Tuesday. sbobet asia

"He deserved his goal - he was absolutely terrific. He also has leadership qualities. When Tammy (Abraham), Dominic and Lewis Cook moved up he was a little disappointed, he wanted to get to the seniors.

"I spoke to him and told him to keep working hard and get into his club side on a regular basis. The players respect him."

Gray opened the scoring after eight minutes when he linked well with Ademola Lookman while Clarke-Salter made it 2-0 midway through the second half.

He had earlier deflected Andrei Ivan's shot onto the post in the first half as England were given a stiff test by competitive Romania.

"Some of our stuff was breathtaking at times," said Boothroyd. "Young players like coming to England, it gives them a little break from the hurly-burly of the Championship or the Premier League.

"It's nice they can come with us and feel like they can relax, play expansive football, entertain and win.

"Romania are top of their group and that includes Portugal and the Welsh who always have a good go so we're pleased we've got the result." sbobet asia

ICQ AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN GTalk/Jabber Skype
Publicité

Message Posté le: Dim 25 Mar 2018 - 07:33    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
chanoudom

Message Posté le: Mer 25 Avr 2018 - 04:17    Sujet du message: 'We are not Barcelona' – Klopp cautions Liverpool against Ro
Répondre en citant

sbo The Italian side's superb comeback against the Spanish outfit in the Champions League quarter-finals means nothing can be taken for granted. Jurgen Klopp believes Liverpool are not assured of a place in the Champions League final despite leading 5-0 against Roma in the first leg of the semi-final before conceding two away goals. A sensational individual performance from Mohamed Salah, who scored a first-half brace and produced two assists after the break, built a 5-0 lead at a deafening Anfield on Tuesday.

But, after Salah was substituted, Roma scored late away goals through Edin Dzeko and Diego Perotti, ensuring a repeat of the Giallorossi's stunning 3-0 home win over Barcelona in the last round would send them through. "I learned tonight we can still win in Rome, they need to score against us," Klopp told a post-match news conference. "We are not Barcelona, they are one of the best two or three teams in the world and won so many things - we didn't. We will fight with all we have. sbo

"It's much better than I expected before the game but already I'm more interested in the Stoke game than the second leg against Roma. "The atmosphere tonight was absolutely outstanding and everyone who has a ticket I expect the same on Saturday [at home against Stoke City], because we need it. "It's a massive game, we need to be ready, we will try everything we can to be ready for that." A first-half injury suffered by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain cast a shadow over a remarkable Liverpool display, with Klopp downbeat on the England midfielder. 

The German also suggested Roma were fortunate to be awarded a penalty for a handball by James Milner, Perotti converting from 12 yards. "To be honest the biggest blow in the dressing room is [Oxlade-Chamberlain's] injury. Conceding two goals is not what we want but we can't change it, that's football," Klopp said. "The boys played a brilliant game over a very long period and even in the last few minutes when we conceded - Dejan [Lovren] played a world-class game but he misjudged a ball, usually it's no problem if the full-back is in the right position. "Trent [Alexander-Arnold] is in the wrong position, but they won all the balls before. They get in a good position and can score. We made one mistake, the referee made one mistake [for the penalty], two goals for them, that's how it is." sbo

ICQ AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN GTalk/Jabber Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

Message Posté le: Aujourd’hui à 16:23    Sujet du message: England U21 boss Aidy Boothroyd praises Demarai Gray's leade

1justice Index du Forum  » Public  » Pactes  » England U21 boss Aidy Boothroyd praises Demarai Gray's leade
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation

Solaris phpBB theme/template by Jakob Persson
Copyright © Jakob Persson 2003